Insurance for Photographers, Videographers and Cinematographers

The Expertainers in Insurance

Whether you’re a photographer, videographer or cinematographer, we have developed an online photography insurance solution covering all the essentials, like public liability, professional liability and equipment cover.

You may be wondering “Do photographers need insurance”? With over 60+ years of experience and we understand that there are unique needs in your industry such as the use of drones or having valuable equipment travelling with you around the world, making it essential to have specialist cinematographer and photography insurance cover in place. We also know that many of you also hold workshops, provide tuition and even conduct photography tours all of which are covered under our packaged photography business insurance solution.

Our focus is to deliver cinematographer and photography insurance solutions that are specific to your needs whilst being competitively priced.

By clicking on our online photography insurance solution below, you can obtain cover in minutes with access to different options to suit all budgets.

If our online cinematographer and photographer insurance solution does not quite fit your needs, please call 1300 655 931 to speak to a specialist broker.

Meet the team. Click here.

Cinematographer & Photographers Insurance Package

  • Cinematographers & Photographers Insurance Package


    Buy Now
    For 1 Year

    Public & Products Liability Cover:

    • 12 months cover
    • Cover for photographers and cinematographers including workshops, tuition and tours including incidental drone use in Australia.
    • $20,000,000 Public and Products Liability
    • $2,000,000 Professional Liability
    • Worldwide (excluding USA/Canada) cover*

    * Cover for USA/Canada can be added for an additional premium. (Maximum of 45 days any one policy period)

    Camera & Equipment Cover:

    Options to include worldwide equipment cover for up to $30,000.

    • Annual prices start at $220 for $5,000 cover
    • All accidental damage & theft
    • Emergency Hire Cost – Up to 25% of your sum insured can be used for emergency hire costs
    • Hired/Borrowed equipment cover – Cover for when you hire gear
    • Low standard excess of $250 any one claim

Information on Your Policy

What does Public Liability cover me for?

If someone is injured or their property is damaged in connection with your business activities and they feel you were negligent in some way, they may seek compensation for their injuries or damaged property. This is where your public liability policy will respond and respond to that claim on your behalf.

What does Professional Liability cover me for?

This will protect you against claims made as a result of professional advice you have given to a third party.

What does the Equipment Insurance cover me for?

Our policy will cover your equipment anywhere in the world for accidental damage and theft. Our online solution can provide cover for up to $30,000 worth of equipment. If you require higher amounts you can call us and we can provide a tailored quotation.

The policy will also provide up to 25% of the replacement cost of the damaged or lost equipment to pay to hire the equipment in case you needed it urgently whilst your claim is being processed.

The policy will also automatically cover you for equipment you may hire or borrow. This is limited to 10% of the total insured limit.

Our standard office hours are M–F 8.30am – 5pm AEST.

If your occupation is not listed or needs are not met, please contact us for a custom quote.

1300 655 931